It’s a new year! With 2020, there is this newfound excitement of working on yourself and living a healthier and happier life. While doing so, you can’t ignore having the perfect smile for all the memories you’ll make this year. In order to keep your smile healthy for 2020, you’ll need to follow a few simple steps:
1. Keep Brushing And Flossing
One of the most important steps that you need to implement to ensure a strict and effective home regimen for your oral health. This includes brushing and flossing your teeth two times a day, every day for at least two minutes per session. You also need to be aware of the right technique for home oral health.
- Brush all the teeth every time, and be consistent when brushing across each tooth.
- Hold the brush at a 45-degree angle gently against the gum line.
- Brush from the base of the tooth up to the chewing surface.
- Use short, round strokes for the front and the back of teeth.
- Use short, sweeping strokes for the chewing surfaces.
- Brush the tongue and roof of the mouth from back to front.
- Replace toothbrushes every few months, or after any illness.
- Floss every night before bed.
2. Visit A Dentist Regularly
For this new year, make sure you’re visiting a dentist on a regular basis. Remember that preventive dentistry is much better (and less painful) than corrective dentistry. The best part is that you only need to see your dentist twice a year. If you wish to visit them more, you are free to do so. By visiting your cosmetic dentist regularly, you will be able to prevent any major dental conditions and your dentist will be able to maintain the required hygiene standards. If there are any existing conditions, your dentist will be able to identify them on time and help with the steps ahead.
3. Focus On A Healthy Diet
Diet is often ignored when it comes to oral health. However, food plays a crucial role in giving you the perfect smile for 2020. Food items like milk and other dairy products provide calcium that strengthens your teeth while whole grains and portions of pasta provide abundant nutrients to keep teeth and gums healthy. By maintaining a balanced and healthy diet, you are ensuring 360-degree wellness for your body and even your oral health.
By following these simple steps, you’ll keep your smile intact and healthy well into 2020.